2017 LIEDER/SONG VOCAL COMPETITION
Our 2017 Lieder/Song vocal competition — presented in Association with the Liederkranz Foundationtion — will be held in late September in New York City. Information for this year's competition, as well as the application form, can be found below.
2017 Competition Dates:
- Preliminaries: September 26-27, 2017
- Finals: September 28, 2017
Location: Liederkranz Foundation (LK) 6 East 87th Street New York NY 10128
- First Prize $ 7,000
- Second Prize $ 5,000 (Liederkranz Foundation)
- Third Prize $ 3,000
- Grants $ 1,000
- Encouragements $ 500
- All application PDFs must be submitted with typed responses. (Handwritten applications will not be accepted.)
- Applicants must be between 20 and 30 years of age to be eligible for the competition
- 4 Lieder/Songs written for voice and piano must be performed in the original language.
- No ensemble items are permitted.
- Winners of first and second prizes from previous years may not re-apply.
- At least 2 Lieder must be in German one of which must be by Schubert.
- Repertoire once submitted cannot be changed.
- Submission of the application does not guarantee an audition or grant.
- Eligible participants only will be advised of the date & time for the audition by e-mail.
- Must be available to The Gerda Lissner Foundation:
- Your respective audition dates, preliminaries and finals from 10:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Winners concert in order to receive your award, Friday, November 3, 2017 6:30 pm.
- An Accompanist will be provided at no cost. (You may provide your own accompanist.)
- The Gerda Lissner Foundation is not responsible for blocked or undelivered e-mails.
- No fee to enter the competition.